Thursday, August 5, 2010

Army Life Here I Come



In less than 10 days Joel leaves for basic training. He'll be at Fort Benning GA for 15 weeks. While I don't like the idea of being away from him, I knew what being an Army wife would mean. I support my husband 110%. I worry about being on my own with 3 small boys. I mean our families are in town but in actuality I'm about to be a single mom of a 5 year old, almost 3 year old and a new baby. Will I write to him everyday? Probably, most likely. Do you blame me? Joel's been apart of my life for 10 years. Friends even before then. Am I stressed? Oh yeah, we got bills to pay, a car that needs fixing, 3 small boys that are gonna miss their daddy and 2 holidays and 3 birthdays he's gonna miss.  This weekend is our 1st wedding anniversary and we are celebrating by having 2 going away parties. Saturday is the family cookout with his and my families. Then Sunday is the party of our friends at our house. The weekend after I'm letting Will stay over night with my grandmother. It's gonna be his 1st night away from mommy. A &E will also be spending the night away. Basically adds up to I don't wanna have to pack them up and take them early in the morning to drop Joel off at his recruiters office Sunday the 15th. Plus this mama wants a night alone with daddy before he's gone 15 weeks.



Posted via Blogaway

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know how you feel! Hubby is Army. He was ROTC in college and now we've been officially 'in' for 16 months (so 3 years total).
Here are a few references
http://cinchouse.com/
http://community.babycenter.com/groups/a55335/military_spouses
http://community.babycenter.com/groups/a212025/proud_army_wives

I also recently started blogging as a military spouse. I'm not really started because I don't know what ladies want to know.. so feel free to follow and let me know what you'd want to know!
http://healingspace88.blogspot.com/

Michelle Murphy said...

About 18 months ago my husband went through OUST at Ft. Benning. He left when I was 10 weeks pregnant. They aren't able to make many phone calls, so you will get lots letters. It was a long 15 weeks, but you get a family day weekend about 2/3 of the way through which is wonderful! We now live near Ft. Campbell, and my husband is deploying in a few weeks. In general I'm pretty happy with Army life. I like the benefits, but it took awhile getting used to having him gone so much during the week for field training. Since this is our first deployment, that will take some getting used to as well. It's a big decision, but honestly I think it's one of the best decisions our family has made.

I recently started blogging about it as well:
armywifefornow.wordpress.com