Friday, June 11, 2010

The Mama Behind The Blog

Wanna know more about Mama Monkmee? Ok here goes. I'm Dawn aka Mama Monkmee. I'm 26 and have 3 little boys, Alex (5), Eian (32 months), & Will (2 months). I'm married to my high school sweet heart Joel.

I started blogging on MySpace on August 23, 2005 my 1st blog entry was.
"Hey everyone. It's me Dawn, and for those of you who dont know me you will very soon.

I just wanted to get this up and running , now I must get back to Alex.
Dawn's the name, Mama's what they call me!"

Not the greatest but everyone has to start somewhere. I moved over to blogger on May 10, 2008. I choose the name Mama Monkmee cuz I loved monkeys and my oldest son Alex called them monkmees.

I blog about my life the ups and downs of raising 3 boys all 30 months apart, my life long love of Joel(ok half my life), my son's Down syndrome and anything and everything in between.

I was your typical 23 year old mom of 1 son and another on the way when Eian was born with Down syndrome. It changed my whole life. It made me a better person. Most importantly it made me a better mom. I wouldn't change Eian for the world. I love him just the way he is.

So me, well I'm a computer geek. I love making graphics. My biggest passion is photography. Although I've been slacking in my photo taking. I deal with anxiety issues. I get stressed out super easy. I used to be a cutter, but I've not gone that route in years. I wont lie life is stressful being a SAHM of 3 small boys. Eian has therapy twice a week outside of the house. It's a 45 min drive to and from his therapy. He also has Early intervention once a week at our house.

I have 2 on bottles, ok not really I have 1 on a bottle and 1 on the breast. I have 2 in diapers. I use cloth diapers, most of the time. I try to live green. I love text messaging. I've been married for 10 months. I got pregnant with Will the night of my bachelorette party. Lol I found out I was pregnant 5 days after I got married.

My 5 year old is a video game nut just like his daddy. He'd play all day if I let him. My 2 year old knows more sign language than I do. My 2 month old is spoiled.

I'm real and this blog is about my real life. I started doing giveaways to give me something todo while nursing Will since I spend a good bit of time hee at the computer.

My husband leaves in 2 months for basic training with the Army. He'll be gone for 16 weeks He'll miss mine, his  and Eian's birthdays. He'll be home in time for christmas. then he'll be gone again. Me and the boys are stay here until next summer when we will join him provided he's somewhere we can go.

If there is anything else you wanna know about me, the boys, our life anything leave a comment and I'll answer it. Thanks

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the info!! LOL I had no idea your boys were all so close in age! Yes I've read your sidebar and their ages, but somehow it didn't sink in. God bless ya! Well ,it sounds like he already has. I love your blog, don't always comment but I love to stop by.

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

Wow. Great post; packed with interesting tidbits. You've been blogging a long time!!

You're a busy momma for sure; isn't it awesome?